Thursday, June 30, 2011

Excessive Sweating

Yes, I said it.  I sweat a lot under my arms.  It is not cute, not lady-like and not socially acceptable.  While I may not be at the point of having hyperhydrosis, I do get concerned about the appearance of pit stains.  Fortunately, there is a great product out there for women (or men) like me!  It is called Certain Dri and you can pick it up at your local drug store.


This product has saved me a lot of embarrassment over the years.  It was recommended to me by a fellow flight attendant that suffers from the same issue.  We have to expose our underarms so much throughout the course of the day; reaching up and closing bins, reaching over passengers to hand out drinks and the famous safety demos all while people are looking directly into our armpits!  Not only that, but I will admit that I wear my uniform for several days at a time so it helps to keep the underarms as sweat free as possible.

Certain Dri is not the same as other deodorants.  It is an anti-perspirant and it is so strong you only have to use it every 3 days.  You apply a few strokes before bedtime and it keeps you dry for the 72 hours between applications.  It is a roll on but I did see that they now make a solid so when this bottle I have runs out I will be testing out the new formula. It is not scented, so during the daytime I do use a traditional deodorant just to have some smell good under there. The only problem I run into  is to remember to put it on at night.  A word of caution, don't put it on immediately after shower or shaving, and allow it to dry before putting on pajamas or nightgown because it will sting and stain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment