Friday, June 24, 2011

What's for Dinner?

This evening I tried making white bean chicken chili.  Although it wasn't Ruby Tuesday's or Stone Creek Grill in Indy, it was pretty darn good.  My step-mom, dad, and sister were my test subjects.  Here is my ingredients list:
  • 2 packs chicken tenderloin strips
  • 2 cans great northern beans
  • 1 can light kidney beans
  • 1 package turkey sausage (looked like a polish sausage)
  • 1 can of Rotel chiles and tomatoes with cilantro and lime
  • 3 cans Swanson low sodium chicken broth
  • ground cumin
  • sour cream
  • shredded monterrey and colby jack cheese
  • 1 small can of green chiles
  • 1 can whole kernel corn
  • cornstarch
  • 1 large onion
  • minced garlic
I seasoned and cooked the chicken first.  Then I chopped the onion and put that in the pot with some butter to soften them up.  Next, I loaded in all the canned goods and added the chicken and sausage.  Then I got busy adding cumin until it got the right flavor.  Bring to a boil, mix in a bit of cornstarch and cold water mixture to thicken it up and voila!  I let it simmer for about an hour just to get the onions to the right texture.  Oh, I did secretly add a spoonful of mustard and two scoops of sour cream.  When it was time to serve I topped with the shredded cheese and sour cream and served with crackers.  It was so simple and tasted great. Will definitely be trying this recipe again!

No comments:

Post a Comment